What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Vietnam subs

This is a picture of 2 recently acquired Vietnam subs. On the left is a BDU-28/B sub and then a blue practice sub. Submunitions are not my forte but there were a literal multitude used during the Vietnam war. The BDU-28/B is a dummy (dated 11-66) that were loaded on planes and the other was one of many installed in a bomb that came in half as bomb was dropped. Anything anyone could add would be greatly appreciated because my knowledge of such is obviously compromised....Dano

Attachments

• Picture 878.jpg
    Picture 878.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 26
  • Picture 887.jpg
    Picture 887.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
This is a picture of 2 recently acquired Vietnam subs. On the left is a BDU-28/B sub and then a blue practice sub. Submunitions are not my forte but there were a literal multitude used during the Vietnam war. The BDU-28/B is a dummy (dated 11-66) that were loaded on planes and the other was one of many installed in a bomb that came in half as bomb was dropped. Anything anyone could add would be greatly appreciated because my knowledge of such is obviously compromised....Dano

I must say, your new collection of Vietnam era stuff is coming on very fast! There are some fantastic pieces you have there. Are you thinking of maybe doing a presentation stand for them, like with the WW1 trench? That would be grand. Well done so far

I must say, your new collection of Vietnam era stuff is coming on very fast! There are some fantastic pieces you have there. Are you thinking of maybe doing a presentation stand for them, like with the WW1 trench? That would be grand. Well done so far
Yes, absolutely pointblank0. When the time comes I will eventually have the whole room for display. I am still avidly collecting WW1 also and plan to split the room with 1/2 trench/dugout for WW1 and the other half for Vietnam, maybe along the lines of a tunnel of sorts. It may be a few miles down the road but definately in the plans. I have by no means deserted WW1 just added another facet to my collection. I have sold off doubles and culled some of my WW1 collection to finance the Vietnam end of things but plan to have a presentable collection of both. Collecting is becomming fun as it ever has been and the two pronged approach is working very well for me. I have some pieces of both wars on my "hit list" of stuff to get and I feel like diversifying is doing okay....Dano