Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 32
  1. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lancashire,England
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 104 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by banksy-2k10 View Post
    7 !! well thats immpressive what are the diffrences between them ? also what the avrege price for them ?
    Hi matey,
    I had about 12 at one time but moved them on as ive upgraded.
    Average price around 75. I refuse to pay more as per some dealers sites...
    All of the ones i have have very good stampings and fuzes and/or original paint and stamps on the tailfins.I have my eye on one or two more that pal-members have here in BOCN! ...

    best

    waff

  2. #12
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 325 Times in 207 Posts
    B 1 EZ should look like this.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  3. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lancashire,England
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 104 Times in 56 Posts
    Thanks Reino.
    3 of mine are all the same with that Z except the end caps are different under the tailfins?
    I wonder if Z stamped stock was also used in a general purpose sense?

    cheers

    waff

  4. #14
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,418
    Thanks
    218
    Thanked 325 Times in 207 Posts
    I have come across several of the normal ones but never one Z marked.
    Knowing German accuracy I don't think Z marked bodies would have used for normal use in quantities.

  5. #15
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lancashire,England
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 104 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tmine35 View Post
    I have come across several of the normal ones but never one Z marked.
    Knowing German accuracy I don't think Z marked bodies would have used for normal use in quantities.

    Thats a fair comment Reino.
    I still wonder why these of mine are Z marked and yet no trace of a screw-on end cap with a gaine adaptor?

    cheers

    waff

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    140
    Thanks
    66
    Thanked 74 Times in 28 Posts
    Very nice. First one I've seen with the Z marked on a standard B1E.

    I have a 1944 IBSEN and it has the Z marked in the same place.

    There's only 3 possibilities I can think of:

    1) They changed their minds and put a different stopper in the top rather than the gaine holder.
    2) I seem to remember that some of the B1EZ's had the gaine not in the tail but in the standard nose area (it shows it in After the Battle Blitz Then & Now Vol 1, in the section on ordnance). A friend bought an B1EZ from Beltring a few years ago and it had the gaine pot in the top but no Z marking, so...?
    3) I wouldn't put it past some dodgy dealers to engrave on the Z to bump up the price - does it look tampered with up close?

    Cheers

    Austin

  7. #17
    HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    England
    Posts
    1,896
    Images
    6
    Thanks
    375
    Thanked 717 Times in 350 Posts
    Hi waff,

    take a look at this one in your own collection link below.
    You note the Z marking on this one but the explosive is not in the base but in the front fuze. Maybe yours lacking the rear explosive container were fitted with the nose fuze originally???

    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/someth...al-t76263.html

    regards Kev

  8. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lancashire,England
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 104 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Hi waff,

    take a look at this one in your own collection link below.
    You note the Z marking on this one but the explosive is not in the base but in the front fuze. Maybe yours lacking the rear explosive container were fitted with the nose fuze originally???

    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/someth...al-t76263.html

    regards Kev

    Ah!! Nice one Kev!

    I was going to ask as you have mentioned similar in an earlier thread.
    Thanks pal

    best

    waff

  9. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Lancashire,England
    Posts
    5,431
    Thanks
    448
    Thanked 104 Times in 56 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LEI-13-HG View Post
    Very nice. First one I've seen with the Z marked on a standard B1E.

    I have a 1944 IBSEN and it has the Z marked in the same place.

    There's only 3 possibilities I can think of:

    1) They changed their minds and put a different stopper in the top rather than the gaine holder.
    2) I seem to remember that some of the B1EZ's had the gaine not in the tail but in the standard nose area (it shows it in After the Battle Blitz Then & Now Vol 1, in the section on ordnance). A friend bought an B1EZ from Beltring a few years ago and it had the gaine pot in the top but no Z marking, so...?
    3) I wouldn't put it past some dodgy dealers to engrave on the Z to bump up the price - does it look tampered with up close?

    Cheers

    Austin

    Hi Austin,

    Cheers for the info.

    I garuantee there is no said dodgy stamps but good theory!

    best

    waff

  10. #20
    Premium Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    kent
    Posts
    1,481
    Images
    4
    Thanks
    549
    Thanked 943 Times in 420 Posts

    Ex incen Bomb

    Quote Originally Posted by butterfly View Post
    Hi waff,

    take a look at this one in your own collection link below.
    You note the Z marking on this one but the explosive is not in the base but in the front fuze. Maybe yours lacking the rear explosive container were fitted with the nose fuze originally???

    http://www.bocn.co.uk/vbforum/someth...al-t76263.html

    regards Kev
    Well iv been looking through my incen examples and only found one with a Z marking as pictures, i have seen examples with a red Z painted on the body and fuse could these be the incendarys that were strapped to the bomb tails ???
    Attached Images Attached Images

 

 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Back to top