Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
  • Login:
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Premium Member
    Images
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by satan18 View Post
    Hear is my theory for what it is worth,now the standard ib had the ally screw cap on the end which was removable.

The exploding tail version had a two peice cup and gaine which replaced that ally screw plug.

I suspect although these are Z marked,they were never armed up as tail bangers and hense the screw cap stayed in place.

Although that could be changed if i manage to get the right parts for the ends

Nice example i cannot see the gain pot in the picture, is it steel or bakerlite like the SD1, SD2 gain pots. Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
    Images
    Thanks
    I've had this one in my collection for some time. Not perhaps the best example of an incendiary I have ever seen but unusual in that it has the same Z mark near the tail fin.
    Removing the tail fin reveals that there is no plug usually found on these just the threads, leaving me wondering if it did, at one time, have an explosive charge fitted? The tile breaker nose is firmly fixed in place, but is without all internals.
    Apart from the ones that Paul has shown in this thread this is the only other example I have seen with this Z mark.

Kev

PB270733.jpgPB270734.jpgPB270737.jpg
    Last edited by butterfly; 27th November 2015 at 09:17 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234