What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Unusual Wartime UZRG Fuzes

I would like to know more about why they made the no hole post war handles.[/QUOTE]

so would i... and also why is the whole there ? is it just to save a few grams of metal ?

I would like to know more about why they made the no hole post war handles.

so would i... and also why is the whole there ? is it just to save a few grams of metal ?[/QUOTE]

You could be right, it could be to save material, but this is not much metal to save it seems?

Maybe the hole is there for easy identification of the modified newer fuzes UZRG-"M"?

Has anybody seen the Albanian version of the UZRGM.

it looks to have a Koveshnikov type spooon on an otherwise UZRGM desgin. Can't upload a pic I'm afraid - no URL for the image. Happy to send by email.

Grateful if anybody has any pointers

Are all Albanian UZRGM fuzes styled like this with the Koveshnikov type fly off lever?

INERT Russian g

These are some of my "Practice" Grenades from Russia Not sure about the fuzes though. What are they?

Attachments

• Russia Fuze grenades 053.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades 053.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 28
  • Russia Fuze grenades 057.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades 057.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 13
  • Russia Fuze grenades 055.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades 055.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 17
  • Russia Fuze grenades 059.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades 059.jpg
    79.1 KB · Views: 23
  • Russia Fuze grenades 062.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades 062.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 25
  • Russia Fuze grenades 054.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades 054.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
These are some of my "Practice" Grenades from Russia Not sure about the fuzes though. What are they?

The fuze with curved lever is a DS-62 fuze from East Germany. I tought they were only used on RGD-5 grenades.

Excuse me on the last picture, bad camera shot. OK with you all, OK with you?

Mine all seem to have that hole I think you are all talking about.

:tinysmile_cry_t:

Last edited:
The fuze with curved lever is a DS-62 fuze from East Germany. I tought they were only used on RGD-5 grenades.
Not only DS-62. They were intended to be used with RGD-5 in whole (former) Warsaw pact.

Attachments

• 354 - RGD-5 IN.jpg
    354 - RGD-5 IN.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 22
Hi V40

Agree with Orpheus on the DS 62 - even though I can't make out the marking. Is there a 06 marking on the fly off lever. If so it should designate VEB Chemiewerk, Kapen, where most DDR grenade fuze production was centralised. (Anybody know anywhere else?) The curved nature of the fly lever does look like a DS 62 in the photo with the actual F1 grenade.

Your Bulgarian UZRGM image is a fuzzy. If the Factory marking is 61 in a double circle it means it was made by Mechanika i Montazh in Svelievo. This plant ran from 1977 until 1999.

By the way can anybody confirm that only the Albanians make the UZRGM fuzes with the old Koveshnikov style fly off levers?

Evo99,

OK buddy here is what the spoons say. First off, they all have the holes on the lever? Does that mean anything at all?

Practice, CRG 42, with red painted spoon: 9-79-885. But if you turn the handle towards the otherside, that "9" looks like it is definately a "6" inked on with black color.

Russian F-1 has the following on its spoon: 48 -76 DS-62 06 on three different rows.

Practice, RGD-5, the body of the grenade is painted all black with some unkown serial number scratched on with a metal pencil possibly. It also has the following stamps on it" y3P, reversed 7,M. Their is a double circle with the number 61 in the middle. Next line has an inked 9-65.

What do those spoons belong on and can anybody tell me what the numbers and figures stand for as I really do not know?

Last edited:
Evo99,

Russian F-1 has the following on its spoon: 48 (Inked in Red)-76 DS-62 06 on three different rows.

What do those spoons belong on and can someone tell me what the numbers and figures stand for?

This fuze does not belong onto an F1 but on an (East-German)RGD-5.
DS-62 is east-german designation: 06 stands for 'VEB Chemiewerk, Kapen' and '48' in red ink is the lotnumber.

This is what lies just beneath of the firing cap on my Practice Grenades (INERT):

Attachments

• Russia Fuze grenades.jpg
    Russia Fuze grenades.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 25
Again agree with with Orpheus 72.

"DS-62 is east-german designation: 06 stands for 'VEB Chemiewerk, Kapen' and '48' in red ink is the lotnumber."

See plenty of DS 62s on F1s. They get mixed up pretty quickly in this neck of the woods.

As for:

"Practice, CRG 42, with red painted spoon: 9-79-885. But if you turn the handle towards the otherside, that "9" looks like it is definately a "6" inked on with black color."

Sorry limited ideas. Chemiewerk would print a 06 not just a single digit 6. From what I understand the Soviets marked Lot - Year - Manufacturer. I can find no reference to 885 designating a factory. Maybe it is marked different and the 9 deignates a factory, which could mean GUP Plant 9 in Sverdlovsk or OAO Impulis in the Ukraine.

Double circles should indicate Bulgaria every time mate. On grenades it is usually 22, Ekovitza, or 61, as described in an earlier post. Some new models (e.g. GHD 2 and GHO) are made by Arsenal in Kazanlak and are with a 10.

Hope that helps.

Guess nobody can confirm or deny the Albanian fuze. The F1 is a distinct green, no seen on any other F1 I have come across.

Your Bulgarian UZRGM image is a fuzzy. If the Factory marking is 61 in a double circle it means it was made by Mechanika i Montazh in Svelievo. This plant ran from 1977 until 1999.
Here better.

Attachments

• BG UZRGM Levers+.jpg
    BG UZRGM Levers+.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 39
Evo99,

Thank you very much and to you also orpheus72. This is definitely one of those discussion that might be considered a stickee somewhere on the is great sight?

Also,

to you both, if this means anything different? I was seeing the number in the 2 circle's as being a "61" and that was from the use of the as used by the Mark. I, MOD #1.

Now that I went back with the Mark 20 Model 456, Type A eyes manufactured by a company entiled "Lord Jesus THE Christ", the number now looks to be an "81"

Also, gentlemen how can I tell the dates of manufacturer of these fuzes?

Sorry V40

You got me stumped on that one.

As for the pic - all Bulgarian. Nice pic