What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted to know...

V40

I have been watching some old videos of mine and was wondering about this: Does the shell casing on a U.S. made 105mm that holds the round up front. Do these get used again? Or any other field piece.

The U.S. has not been known for reloading any cases except for limited run experimental cases.

We have used old ejection and practice rounds for Counter IED training for soldiers but besides that they get scraped

We did re-load some 105mm fired drawn brass cases in Japan in the mid to late 1960's. A fairly large production run, but the practice is not typically done.

Thanks again friends of mine! Maybe what I am seeing is what looks like them doing it to the 105mm in a Firebase in Vietnam. Like I said before, thank you all my friends.

Maybe what you saw in the videos was the crew taking the projectle out of the case and snipping off propellant increments and putting the projectile back before firing???

That was it highlandotter. That is what I saw them doing and therefore reusing a case so that the projectile was just dropped in with all of those packets on a string. Than you very much for that answer as you were spot on.