What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

20MM Hispano headstamps

Thanks Mossie & TonyE
This is what I love about this site.
I have a good selection of 20mm & a fair bit of knowledge about what I have & was sure this one was new to me.
Now I do have a new one in the collection & I know a lot more about it.
Really must start a catalogue!!!

Another addition to this thread also,any ideas on these two please JES,on a 1953 dated drill/inspectors Mk3 round,and ST on 1944 dated drill round.

Cheers
Tony

Thanks TonyE,
the JES may not be a run of the mill ammunition manufacturer as it a solid steel turned drill/inspectors round

Cheers
Tony

Agreed, I have also had the JES drill (although I don't really collect 20mm, except experimental alloy cases). JES may well have been a contractor that produced non ammunition related components and were simply contracted to turn steel dummies.

Regards
TonyE

Thanks again TonyE,
has your example been marked on the side near the base DRILL/INSPECTORS 3 like a lot of the 50's Hispano rounds were also?

Cheers
Tony

Yes, it was.

I no longer have this or the other type in the picture. That was made by LG, Landis & Gyr, who also made fuzes in WW2.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 20mm JES Drill.jpg
    20mm JES Drill.jpg
    23.6 KB · Views: 11
  • 20mm LG Drill.jpg
    20mm LG Drill.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 11