What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

27.5mm Rounds

EODGUY

A grouping of the 1970's Aerojet Corporation 27.5mm experimentals. The case on the left is their first design. The other rounds are an HEIT Dummy, AP-T, APFS-DS and a TPT. All of the cases are steel.

Attachments

• 27.5mm 2.jpg
    27.5mm 2.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 173
Aerojet

Aerojet spun off their proj buisness, ford Areo Space picked it up, then Honeywell took that over, finally it all went to Olin Corp, then Olin corp sold their defesne business to be come Primex which is not General Dynamics -Ordnance and Tactical Systems in Marion, IL (I worked for Primex and GD-OTS). The 30mm buisness was taken away from Primex and it all went to ATK. In a display case at Marion the 27.5 mm rounds you pictured were on dispaly with a number of other experimental rounds from Aerojet and Ford Aerospace.

Why do your pictures always start the water running from my mouth. BEAUTIFUL stuff!!

A grouping of the 1970's Aerojet Corporation 27.5mm experimentals. The case on the left is their first design. The other rounds are an HEIT Dummy, AP-T, APFS-DS and a TPT. All of the cases are steel.

OH MY WORD, hum, hang on a minute while I wipe off the keyboard on my laptop, I'm drooling!!!!!!!!!!!
They're all great but that APFSDS, man, that's just wonderful. I never even knew one existed in that calibre.
Thanks for showing them.
Dave.

Geez guys!!! I am sorry that I am the cause of liquid discharges! Well, maybe there is a better way to phrase that!! Glad you enjoyed them. Bob

Dimensions please

Greetings!
A very fine selection. Would you please provide the length and rim diameter of the first case in the photo? It is , i presume , also 27.5mm caliber? Thanks very much. Charley