What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

"Royal" Shotshell

EODGUY

A shotshell that I would imagine there aren't many of left floating around. One of two that I know of that were brought back from Iraq. No doubt more were "liberated", but I don't know about them. Printed on the shell is "Made Especially for His Excellency Mr. Oday Saddam Houssein". Didn't do the man much good to have his own personalized shotshells. I am not sure of the manufacturer because the headstamp offers me no clues.

Attachments

• Shotshell 1.jpg
    Shotshell 1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 62
  • Shotshell 2.jpg
    Shotshell 2.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 58
  • Shotshell 3.jpg
    Shotshell 3.jpg
    28.4 KB · Views: 48
  • Headstamp.jpg
    Headstamp.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 40
I would suspect that with Saddam Housseins name stamped on casing this may be someday (if not already) a highly sought after collectible. Hang onto these...Dano

It could well be Chinese manufacture. I don't think Iraq was making shot shells and China certainly was a source of some ammunition. I only have one of the two rounds I know of and I will certainly hold on to it.

The 12 * 12 * head-stamps are found on Cheddite cases and cases supplied by Fiocchi. I have lots in my collection but most are cases manufactured by Cheddite and then loaded by many different company's.

Richard.

Thanks Peashooter. I have a basement full of ordnance but shot shells are not my specialty. Always good to get information to answer a question. Bob