What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Remains of US M49A2 60mm Mortar Round

TomcatPC

Hello

I have this US M49A2 60mm Mortar round that is missing it's fins and fuse bits. This was given to me by my Dad been in my teens.

The markings are: LOT-FFMF-1-2-1945 60MM M49A2

That is all I could make out, as this is in not the best of shape. I just wanted to share this. Later down the road, I'd love to find the correct bits to make it whole again, but that can wait for the time being.
Cheers
Mark

Attachments

• DSCN2140.jpg
    DSCN2140.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 70
To find spare parts for the 60mm US mortar is not easy, but in the shows of your country you should can to find them.

Hello
I have this US M49A2 60mm Mortar round that is missing it's fins and fuse bits. This was given to me by my Dad been in my teens.
Mark

Hi Mark, that's exactly what I have been looking for, just the body of a 60mm mortar. I wanted to make a projectile out of one for my M2 bounding AP mine. The M2 mines used a modified 60mm round.

I'll let you know if I see any parts for you to fix her up. I know it's a sentimental piece to you, and it will be nice to make complete.