What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Very nice addition Tony, I am missing that one from my MGFF rounds, you are building up a good collection of these 2cm rounds still plenty more in the set to go. Thanks for sharing it with us, best regards Weasel.

Very nice addition Tony, I am missing that one from my MGFF rounds, you are building up a good collection of these 2cm rounds still plenty more in the set to go. Thanks for sharing it with us, best regards Weasel.

Thanks Weasel,
not to sure how far to go with these as I have just come across another MG131/13 AP-T,which is a load I already have, but has a copper drive band.
So a bit undecided about getting it as it does seem a bit like splitting hairs to me and space in the cabinets is getting a tad short too!

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,
I think if i am right there are if you want them all 17 different MG131/13 rounds to get, time to build another shelf or two.
Best regards Weasel.

Or three or four! its getting the same way with the Hispano and Oerlikon side of things too!:wink:

Not strictly speaking German, but at the ECRA meeting in Germany there were a number of modern South African MG 151/20 rounds with the black steel cases. There were HE, TP, TP-T, AP etc, all pristine with very pretty colours!

Regards
TonyE

Thanks Dave, I have a couple more but I dont want to be a thread highjacker. Maybe the guys would like to see another 3cm.

Last edited:
Go ahead Lou, any German aircraft rounds welcome i reckon.
Best Weasel.

Hi Lou,
That's a cracking round, what is the fuze number on that one ? thats another one i need to get. It is bad enough trying to collect those 3cm rounds over here must be even harder over on your side of the pond. Thanks for showing it, best Weasel.

Here is my latest addition to the ever so slowly growing German 2cm collection, a nice MG151/20 2cm M-Geschos Ub O zerl. Brass washed steel case practice round with plug.
Best Weasel.

New Pics A03 0791.jpgNew Pics A03 0831.jpg

Here is another interesting German cannon round to add to the collection, it is a 2cm Brgr.44 oZerl with a AZ9501 fuze designed to action in liquid, ie inside a fuel tank. Have been after one of these for a while and am very happy with this one.
Best regards Weasel.

2cm Brgr 44 03.jpg2cm Brgr 44 01.jpg2cm Brgr 44 04.jpg2cm Brgr 44 05.jpg2cm Brgr 44 02.jpg2cm Brgr 44 06.jpg2cm Brgr 44 07.jpg

All empty and inert

Very nice find Weasel,do you think the main idea behind these were for fuel dumps and storage tanks?

Cheers
Tony

Hi Tony,
As far as I am aware these rounds were developed for use against bomber fuel tanks although would work just as well against the targets you sugested. Perhaps Tony W would be able to add some info on this for us.
Best Weasel.

Hi Lou,
That's a cracking round, what is the fuze number on that one ? thats another one i need to get. It is bad enough trying to collect those 3cm rounds over here must be even harder over on your side of the pond. Thanks for showing it, best Weasel.

Of the 3cms I have,two came from a friend,all the rest were just lucky finds at fleemarkets. Ive not ever been able to win one at auction or any other event.

The fuze on this one,is a zz 1589A rcr 2 44 with a 76 inside the eagle. From what little info I have,there was a 1589A and a 1589B. Im not sure what the difference is. Oh and the shell its self is a type N Minengeschoss Leuchtspur/Glimmspur mit Zerleger or,,,Day or Night tracer. There is a green band,"self destruct" and a red band,denotes tracer type,,,but I cant really tell for sure if the red is light or dark due to the amount of varnish.

Last edited:
Here is another interesting German cannon round to add to the collection, it is a 2cm Brgr.44 oZerl with a AZ9501 fuze designed to action in liquid, ie inside a fuel tank.

And right back at ya,very nice example....

Hi Tony

I can you send the complete Handbuch der Flugzeug-Bordwaffenmunition - 1936-1945 as PDF on your E-Mail Adress

Wenn anyone is interesting on it, i can him send it.

Regards Peter