What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Films worth getting for Christmas

smle2009

If you are like me and can't stomach watching the wizard of oz and the usual naff films on Christmas TV again I can recommend these two,
Midnight Clear,WW2 American/German truce that goes terribly wrong in the Ardennes.
Beneath Hill 60,WW1 Australian mining company in Belgium,very good trench,tunnel and equipment scenes(if you forgive the small rum jar!)
both are newish films and worth watching

Tony

Tony,
Thanks for the "Midnight Clear". It has me thinking of another good flick "A Midnight Clear" instead. I'll have to check it out here. Ok, it is here

http://www.allmovie.com/work/a-midnight-clear-32556

Not the same one but from what I remmeber it was pretty good. Thanks Tony for helping me remmbering another WWII Flick.

Anybody remmber seeing this one?

Last edited:
beneath hill 60 sounds great. i will try and get a copy. my great grandad did the same job, tunneling and bombing during ww1

I'm already sorted for movies this crimbo. I bought the Laurel and Hardy boxed set of DVDs at Tescos for 30. Result.

Tony,
Thanks for the "Midnight Clear". It has me thinking of another good flick "A Midnight Clear" instead. I'll have to check it out here. Ok, it is here

http://www.allmovie.com/work/a-midnight-clear-32556

Not the same one but from what I remmeber it was pretty good. Thanks Tony for helping me remmbering another WWII Flick.

Anybody remmber seeing this one?

My cock up! A midnight clear was the one I was rattling on about:tinysmile_cry_t3:

Tony

Toney,
I am glade we both had our minds picked on this one. Because YOU made the mistake, I think it would only be proper that you sit in a dark corner of your home and say every grenade you can! That will teach you!

Toney,
I am glade we both had our minds picked on this one. Because YOU made the mistake, I think it would only be proper that you sit in a dark corner of your home and say every grenade you can! That will teach you!
Mark,
That's ok then! won't have to spend too long in a dark corner as I don't know that many grenades!!!.....but I will have a word with myself while there:tinysmile_eyebrow_t!

Tony

Dont forget to look for 'Where Eagles Dare' and the 'Third Man', they are my fave films and are bound to be on again.
Also, nothing wrong with watching some of the old classics again, especially with the younger members of the family.
Just remember to enjoy yourselves and watch what you want.

Andy

Whoops,did one mean to put this in a recent wanted thread? there's room in the corner for one more:wink:

if you can cope with subtitles and you havent seen it before i would suggest the korean film brotherhood .one of my faves:tinysmile_grin_t: merry xmas .Darrol.

Dont forget to look for 'Where Eagles Dare' and the 'Third Man', they are my fave films and are bound to be on again.
Also, nothing wrong with watching some of the old classics again, especially with the younger members of the family.
Just remember to enjoy yourselves and watch what you want.

Andy

'Where Eagles Dare' Get in!

Just finished the book i picked up at Newark show.

cheers

waff