What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V1 & V2 Rocket Parts

Well Waff here is your piece-looks fairly conclusively like a Tail Rudder to me !

Cannot see anything that resembles your electrical unit though Madmikess, I would expect that to be an internal component as it is not what one might called "streamlined" !

Hi Chris,
I knew that particular V1 looked very familiar.............here's a picture of the nose and off course the V1 fuse! (you can see the identical ceiling lights behind)

From memory it's in the Imperial War Museum in London....

Hi Mike,
Well that 15 quid not only got you a "very rare" V1 part but also "educated" a number of people - well done!

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• V1 Fuze.jpg
    V1 Fuze.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Hey thank you for opening this thread anyway, so I could much better identify and locate several V1-Parts that I saw recently at a fellows stock during my hunt for V2 parts and so I am sure that I dont need these.
Thank you and best regards
nudelmannrichter

Well spotted

Hi Chris,
I knew that particular V1 looked very familiar.............here's a picture of the nose and off course the V1 fuse! (you can see the identical ceiling lights behind)

From memory it's in the Imperial War Museum in London....

Hi Mike,
Well that 15 quid not only got you a "very rare" V1 part but also "educated" a number of people - well done!

Cheers
Drew

Yes Drew you are correct-IWM!
Good observation.

Speaking of parts, this one is a Compressed Air Tank for the V1 (#16 in the drawing). It comes from one of the rockets that crash in the waters around the Danish island Bornholm. It messures about 40cm in diameter end weight about 35 kilos.

Attachments

• V1-Schematic.jpg
    V1-Schematic.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Pressure-Tank.jpg
    Pressure-Tank.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 31
Somehow I managed to miss pages 2 to 4 on my first look at the thread, so I see the zenza site has been well scrutinised. Shame it did not show up. You may find the other links of interest.

This link was on a later thread here on BOCN, you might spot your part amongst the images. Good Luck

http://www.zenza.se/vw/index.html

Checkout http://www.v2rocket.com/ as well, you will see a DVD advertised on the UK tests, and the US did a lot of trials with captured hardware of V1s and V2s. The USAAF went on to make their own version JB-2 with a Ford Pulsejet. The French could not resist either, but did not put the Arsenal 5501 into service it was launched by 2 solid rocket boost motors.

http://www.flyingbombsandrockets.com/ has more information about the V1 and V2, plus the damage in the UK. Wait for the sound to kick in.

There are some cracking YOUTUBE clips mostly of scale pulsejets, but one is a full size replica in the US, the local Firebrigade were somewhat bemused when they turned up after a call, to find it in the middle of an industrial estate performing nicely!

Last edited: