What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 inch mortar drill rounds

tigbrand

Premium Member
Hi chaps can anybody help with the following? I have 3x 2" mortar drill rounds in original paint. No 1 is a MK1 with the standard die cast dummy fuse which is screwed and secured in the body with a pressed in pin, shellac body and DRILL MK 1 on body in white stencilled letters. No 2 is as above but with a black body with white letters, but no 3 is as above but has a blue body with white letters and is stencilled 2" MORT MK2 DRILL? The pics posted by Spotter in the mortar section showing cutaways clearly shows the MK2 as having a drill 161 fuse unit fitted not the earlier cast dummy?? Perhaps a locally done paintjob,but why the mk 2 designation, also they dont have no6 modified type fins, is this because their not original or just using up non modded fins because they were not going to be fired as per practice rounds?? I cant post pics as i cant get to them at the moment,but any info appreciated.BTW, If anyone has any No6 fins in VGC then im interested in them,cheers Tig

Bump

Still looking for answers to this and can someone confirm that the fins shown on the 2" drill mk1 are converted No 1 units with the extra holes??? Tig