What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T13 grenade

Howdy
Not a grenade collector, but an ammunition auctioneer (& collector) & have an arsenal sectioned T13 hand grenade in my latest sale. I am going to withdraw it (no bids yet) as I have been told this is a uncommon grenade & in the $1500 to $2000 value range. My bidders are generally not into this sort of item (small arms ammunition) & I want to get fair worth for the consignor.
So my question(s) to you guys & girls who do collect this sort of thing are:

Is it worth that much?

If not that range what is it's worth?

Where would be a good place to offer it for my consignor?

Thanks for the/any help.
Pete

Attachments

• 466 copy.jpg
    466 copy.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 107
Pete,

Stand-up decision on your part. I saw it in your latest catalog a day or two ago and thought that someone was really going to get a bargain since it was in a cartridge auction. I agree with both the valuation and the use of Gunbroker. Good luck to the owner! Bob

Here are some color photos & thank all of you for the help. Not sure why some of the photos are upside down but....

Not sure if allowed to post here when it is offered for sale on Gunbroker?

That is if that is OK?

if not then hopefully the webmaster will delete this part of the thread where I ask about it & leave the thank you & photos.

Attachments

• DSC_0026.jpg
    DSC_0026.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 93
  • DSC_0028.jpg
    DSC_0028.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0029.jpg
    DSC_0029.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC_0030.jpg
    DSC_0030.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 73
  • DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 84
  • DSC_0032.jpg
    DSC_0032.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 82
Extremely nice sectioned T13 Beano. Sure appears to be a factory section. I think you may be surprised on just how much that grenade will fetch on Gun Broker. Anyway thanks for showing pictures as I imagine that is an extremely rare factory piece....Dano

I'm 100% sure it is Arsenal as the consignor had a number of other items such as artillery fuzes, an E-19 rocket driver and a A.P. Mine M2A3. Those are still being offered as I'm pretty sure I have bidders that like that stuff.

(These came to him through his father's gun shop, from a former Navy person who his father had dealings with)

This Grenade is a bit out of line for a cartridge auction as Bob mentioned.

re auction

hello I was wondering if the auction catalouge was on line if so could someone please post a link to it
Regards Daryl

hi pete. why dont you try listing it here in the classified section? its free and im sure you will have a huge interest from all the US grenade collectors who are drooling over your pictures.
cheers, paul.

We have to think that it is a sectioned grenade, I dont think it reach the price of a complete one. Yes, it is a factory and near mint condition grenade, but still sectioned. Anyway GunBroker would be the perfect place for it.

Hi Paul
Thanks for the thoughts but as I'm not knowledgeable about the worth of this grenade, so I feel an auction would be the best way to sell it for my consignor plus we may also pick up bidders who are not B.O.C.N. members. I'll be glad to let you know when it appears on Gunbroker, please send me an e-mail to pdbullets@commspeed.net. We hope to have it up in a week or so. Be at the Las Vegas Antique Arms show next week, & have to get ready so can't get it on before that.

hi pete. why dont you try listing it here in the classified section? its free and im sure you will have a huge interest from all the US grenade collectors who are drooling over your pictures.
cheers, paul.

Last edited:
Howdy Ladies & Gentlemen
regarding the T13 arsenal sectioned inert grenade

It was on gunbroker and did not sell for our reserve, which was 1,200.00 USD. (Which we thought was reasonable after opinions generated from this forum & other folk). So we are going to have another sale this time with a one time bid at your top price & it must be over $722.00. If you want to be notified of this please send me an e-mail to: pdbullets@commspeed.net.
Several of you have already said you would be interested, so it will be just between those indicating an interest. Top bid will win for that bid, no extra charges (except for perhaps overseas shipping) & we will pay shipping and insurance. 1st bidder wins in case of a tie, and all bids will have to be received at a date stated on the outgoing notice we will be sending via e-mail to all interested bidders.

Dear Mr Webmaster if this is post not OK please remove it, and if not too much trouble you could then please re-post on the classified section of B.O.C.N.? Or notify me so I can post it.
Thanks
Pete

Surelly this time you will sell it, as I already said in my last post we have to think that it is a sectioned one, so for collectors is less valuable because it is less collectible than a compet one.