What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

84mm TP-T questions

37patt

I recently picked up an 84 mm Carl Gustav warhead, it is marked on the 'front'
34G
PRAC L41A4
T
and on the 'back' it has
LOT Z 11-12-65
I am sure it is a British training practice tracer round.
Does anyone know what the inert filling inside consists of and where the tracer cup would normally sit.
The manufacture date for this is 11 December 1965?

A picture is worth a thousand words. Without a picture, any reply is a WAG (wild ass guess).

Hi 37patt,
is this(rather batterd version) what you have?

Tony

Attachments

• P1140002.JPG
    P1140002.JPG
    83.2 KB · Views: 72
Hi smle2009 - essentially that is the round I have. Mine is marked as stated above and it has a removable plastic cap on the nose of the stand off tube.
The filling appears to be a wax and sand mix, and I was hoping someone could confirm that.
If you have a cutaway diagram that would be great as I also want to confirm the location of the tracer cup.

Thanks for the interest

Hi 37patt,
sorry I'm not a lot of help apart for the photo,not my area of intrest I'm afraid,just thought the photo would help in 'worth a thousand words department' and I'm sure it won't be long before one of the experts of this type of ordnance will give you all the info you need:tinysmile_fatgrin_t.

Cheers
Tony

Thanks a lot smle2009 - I have a miserable time trying to post pictures into forums and have pretty much given up.
Yours is pretty close to mine except for the markings so it is a very good post.
Mine is dated 1965, I'm pretty sure, so it's an early one but I haven't been able to find any information on the L41A4 version.
Cheers

84 mm FFV 62

It is a tpt projectile in the FFV 62 family,one of the earliest projectiles with slippering drivingband for the 84mm carl gustaf.

Produced by (Z)akrisdalsverken sweden (now integrated with bofors)

photos show some different ffv 62 rounds

Attachments

• DSC_0231.jpg
    DSC_0231.jpg
    91.4 KB · Views: 69
  • DSC_0232.jpg
    DSC_0232.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0233.jpg
    DSC_0233.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 55
  • DSC_0234.jpg