What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3 KG Sprengbuchse

Big Dave

HONOURED MEMBER RIP
Premium Member
Arrived this week ,one nice condition 3 kg Sprengbuchse charge ,stamped gvj 45 on the bottom [gvj Ruhrstahl AG ,Gelsenkirchen ]

Attachments

• DSCF0638.JPG
    DSCF0638.JPG
    52.8 KB · Views: 94
  • DSCF0639.JPG
    DSCF0639.JPG
    81.5 KB · Views: 89
  • DSCF0640.JPG
    DSCF0640.JPG
    53.3 KB · Views: 89
Yeah,real nice Dave.
My mate Jeeensy left one in my marquee at Beltring last year and i thought 'wow!,what a gift'...and then he asked me to drop it off with a dealer pal of his... :/

best

waff

Last edited:
Evening Waff ive been looking for one of these for a while ,most are usually rusty and not very strong [i think there made from zinc?] As for Jeensy next time he leaves something on your pitch ,get it hidden quick and deny all knowledge [only kidding Nick] regards Dave

Yes Allan ,German 3 kg demolition charge .The Germans made 1 ,3 and 10 kg charges

Very nice piece Dave. I never seen same with black stamps, and the 45 product year maybe also rare.
Please can you show me picture from the 10kg version? I now hear first from it.

Only seen pictures in books of the 10 kg charge ,zinc case with 6 wells. I have a 1 kg [very rusty ] and a Ub training 1 kg [repainted with a few holes]

Attachments

• GeballteLadung10kg.jpg
    GeballteLadung10kg.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 26
really a good looking charge, well done Dave picking up that one.
unusual stenciled, obviously mint substance and a very late manufacturers mark, indeed remarkable.
I would like to hear the opinion of member engineer about this particular piece! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

I have two of these 3 kilos tins. They are similar except one has a plain bottom and the other has a fuze pocket on bottom. Sorry I can't show the bottom pocket which is covered by a replica label. However the bottom pocket is different than those on top and side - it is rather deep with thread part on bottom.

Attachments

• 3 kg.jpg
    3 kg.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 59
Hi Reino nice tins ,my next question is all the books ive read and 1 of your examples have 3 fuse wells ,mine only has 2 [top and side ] was this an economy measure for 1944/45 ?

Last edited:
Hi Dave,
Sorry but I can't answer that. I have had a couple of these but only this one with 3 fuze pockets. My both ones are so heavily restored that they do not show any original markings on metal - thus I can't say from which years they are.
The other strange point is that the bottom pocket is not a standard as found elsewhere on these 3 kilos tins, or on 1 kilo tins ( also on AT mines the booby track fuze pockets on bottom are of standard type ).
Reason for special pocket I don't know either.
This is not 100% sure but only based on my poor old memory - the bottom pocket has so small diameter that the normal blasting cap holder does not fit in and absolutely no change to place a DZ35 there.

Good restoration job on the tins they looked untouched to me ,3 or 4 books i have looked in all say 3 wells and as you point out very strange to have a non standard pocket in the bottom of yours . My tin came from a guy who usually deals in badges and paperwork and i didnt know it was stamped on the bottom till i opened the parcel ,it was a nice surprise ,regards Dave

What did the Sprengbchse M37 (SpB37) look like? Would that be similar to the 3kg. and 10kg. shown in this thread?

Hey guys, I know this is an old thread, but can someone tell me if the 3kn charge was still called the Sprengbüchse 24?

No, WWIIBuff

'Sprengbüchse 24' is the 1kg-charge, the 3kg- is called 'Geballte Ladung'.

001.jpg

source: contemporary leaflet for engineers - right column, lower half.