What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1" very cartridge tins

hangarman

dsc00328.jpg

dsc00327.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures of my 1" very pistol tins The large tin holds 9 of the smaller tins, which each hold 3 cartridges. The 2 containers on the left are pre 'L' series, Mks 12 (Green) and 13 (Red). The containers in the centre are L4A1 (Green) and L5A1 (Red) and the containers on the right are plastic containers for L4A2 (Green) and L5A2 (Red) from the mid 70's, though they are both missing their lids (any spares out there?) All inert.
Hangarman

wow nice
love them where did you pick the larger tins up?
I have seen them in books but never for sale.
Andy

Its the only one i've seen in the flesh, and it came from ebay! It was made by Metal Box 1, which i believe is Hull.
Hangarman

Nice

Nice collection of bits there mate,surprisingly never seen a plastic L series container at all before! Good to see that im not the only person who collects these items.Can you take some closer pics of all the small tins please? Pm me if you have spares to trade,ive got a few spares. Tig.:bigsmile: