What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M20 Rocket Restoration project

35thid

I started an M20 rocket restoration project this past summer and I need some help completing it.

I have a friend that works on a national guard training camp that has been around since WWI. Anyway there is a huge berm where they fired practice rockets for the M20 bazooka. I spent about 30 minutes digging in the side of the berm and was able to find enough pieces to put together 3 "nearly complete" rockets. The only problem is that the nose cone is missing on all of them. I found a rocket without tail fins at a gun show, so I was able to complete one of them, but two others are still awaiting nosecones. ANY tips on where a guy could find some cones as well as the safety clips that went on them?

THANKS!
Joe

If you walk over the top of the berm, you pick up the rockets that missed the hard impact on the berm, and skidded to a more gradual stop without flattening their noses as they traveled further downrange.

I might have some of the "over the berm" warheads. I will look for them in the next few days.