What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fuze to identify

F0031

Another fuse to identify. From the black plastic bits at the back end it looks like a 55, but I can't be sure. I notice that the condenser block is not protected in an aluminium can as with the 25 (B, C, D), but left 'naked' and insulated from the case by tar. The head has been aggressively cleaned and all that's visible is ElAZ and remains of a batch number.

Attachments

• Fuze ElAZ 55 4b.jpg
    Fuze ElAZ 55 4b.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 51
  • Fuze ElAZ 55 4c.jpg
    Fuze ElAZ 55 4c.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 38
  • Fuze ElAZ 55 4a.jpg
    Fuze ElAZ 55 4a.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 58
Tony,Is there an extra hole on the rim where the fuze boss is crimped in? The hole was where a wire would have run to connect to a nose-switch on the front of the bomb.
Looks like an ELAZ 'e' 55 to me pal?

best

waff

I see what you mean. I dug out all the 55 fuzes in my collection. Indeed, I have a 55A and sure enough it has the extra hole and remains of a wire in the 10 o'clock position. The fuze in question doesn't have the extra hole. Also the locating pin has broken off. I agree with you it must be a standard 55. Thanks for your comments.

T.

I see what you mean. I dug out all the 55 fuzes in my collection. Indeed, I have a 55A and sure enough it has the extra hole and remains of a wire in the 10 o'clock position. The fuze in question doesn't have the extra hole. Also the locating pin has broken off. I agree with you it must be a standard 55. Thanks for your comments.

T.

No worries T,glad to help old pal. :) Mebbe see you at a show again soon.

cheers

waff