Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
    Premium Member
    Thanks

fuze to identify

Another fuse to identify. From the black plastic bits at the back end it looks like a 55, but I can't be sure. I notice that the condenser block is not protected in an aluminium can as with the 25 (B, C, D), but left 'naked' and insulated from the case by tar. The head has been aggressively cleaned and all that's visible is ElAZ and remains of a batch number.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thanks
    Tony,Is there an extra hole on the rim where the fuze boss is crimped in? The hole was where a wire would have run to connect to a nose-switch on the front of the bomb.
    Looks like an ELAZ 'e' 55 to me pal?

best

waff

Premium Member
    Thanks
    I see what you mean. I dug out all the 55 fuzes in my collection. Indeed, I have a 55A and sure enough it has the extra hole and remains of a wire in the 10 o'clock position. The fuze in question doesn't have the extra hole. Also the locating pin has broken off. I agree with you it must be a standard 55. Thanks for your comments.

T.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by F0031 View Post
    I see what you mean. I dug out all the 55 fuzes in my collection. Indeed, I have a 55A and sure enough it has the extra hole and remains of a wire in the 10 o'clock position. The fuze in question doesn't have the extra hole. Also the locating pin has broken off. I agree with you it must be a standard 55. Thanks for your comments.

T.

No worries T,glad to help old pal. Mebbe see you at a show again soon.

cheers

waff