What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My only MKII

GTR003121

Its actually a common AF MKIIA1 in really nice condition, but for those of you who are up to speed on fuzes, this one has an incredibly rare M204. Not an A1 or an A2, just 204. It took about 9 months of searching and asking around before I was finally able to get this fuze together. You'll notice the lack of holes on the forward bouchon body, used to insert wire, etc to block the primer if the fuze is to be disassembled. Thats a feature of the M204. The body is of two piece construction as well. I hope you guys like it.

Attachments

• DSC06390.jpg
    DSC06390.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 65
  • DSC06387.jpg
    DSC06387.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 71
  • DSC06389.jpg
    DSC06389.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Hi:
I have this grenade since I cant remember when, but when looked your grenade a lightning crossed my head. Tell me about, please.

Attachments

• IMG_3686.jpg
    IMG_3686.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 51
  • IMG_3687.jpg
    IMG_3687.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_3688.jpg
    IMG_3688.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3689.jpg
    IMG_3689.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_3690.jpg
    IMG_3690.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_3691.jpg
    IMG_3691.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 52
Miguel, nice fuze! That's also an M204. The markings may have worn off, can you see anything on the spoon? But the fuze body is an M204. Congrats, that's a very rare fuze!

Yes, I can see some shadows, but not clear, it could be unmarked also? Nothing more on the spoon. Just a small 3 on the bouchon. I was thinking.... maybe another 1000$ grenade? :dancing2:

Attachments

• IMG_3692.jpg
    IMG_3692.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_3693.jpg
    IMG_3693.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 25
It's actually probably an M205 which is just as rare. There's no red sealant that I can see and it would have that if it was an M204 detonating type. Is the spoon painted?

It's not a $1,000 grenade, the MKII body isn't worth any more than any other one in similar condition. On the fuze, it's hard to put a number on, they are just rare.

Last edited:
I at this time cannot remember what type of "T" lug fuse there is on a MIIA1 that was used by USA during Vietnam. Anybody know?

Sweet MKII Justin, I don't know squat about the fuzes but the patina and beauty of that piece is awesome...Dano

It's actually probably an M205 which is just as rare. There's no red sealant that I can see and it would have that if it was an M204 detonating type. Is the spoon painted?

It's not a $1,000 grenade, the MKII body isn't worth any more than any other one in similar condition. On the fuze, it's hard to put a number on, they are just rare.

The red sealant where it has to be? I believe the spoon is painted with a very, very fine coat like the bouchon.

The red sealant should be all over the det tube and part of the shaft where it connects. They dipped the M204's etc at that time. Also on the primer.

To Normandy, wow, thats great. I will keep my eyes more open even when go to shows. But the M204 spoons were with the bouchon fuze, right? I mean, the change was total, not only the markings.

Yes, it was a full redesign. The intention of the M204 series(and every series since) was to provide a noiseless, smokeless and sparkless fuze. The redesign was total - new fuze body with distinctive flare, dual lugs and a new spoon to fit the new lugs.