What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WW1 German m1913 dummy discus grenade (defensive)

I was wondering about the baby M1913 German defensive discus grenade dummy (right side of photograph). this does not belong to me (it belongs to a longtime collector friend of mine) as I traded it off some years ago. I have never seen another. It is a dummy (hollow pour with no functioning/moving parts). when I first got it I thought maybe a movie prop, but that makes little sense as German WW1 movie prop grenades were usually the recognizable stick grenade. When I originally got it, it was for little more than a song and my collector friend wanted it badly and made me an offer I could not refuse. Has any of our membership ever seen the like? This is one of many that I wish I had never let go but did get a small fortune in trade for it......Dano

Attachments

• 1ef84bcdc8441895abed0ebb115446d2_1235.jpg
    1ef84bcdc8441895abed0ebb115446d2_1235.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 32
Heres a couple i have dan. the large discus is a 1 piece casting and the smaller discus is the same construction as a live one except the centre star is a solid alloy casting.
cheers, paul.

Attachments

• Page6practicediscus.jpg
    Page6practicediscus.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 17
  • Page6miniDiscus.jpg
    Page6miniDiscus.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 12
Well Paul, I appreciate your showing them. That is the first one piece casting dummy offensive discus i've seen. There seem to be one-offs surfacing from time to time. Great hobby or what??? Dano