What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latest Aquisitions

paul the grenade

Hi all. Heres a pic of some of my latest finds.
A nice French Petard, VB and F1 practice, Turkish No2 gren with repro fuze, British No19 and 34 Mk3. Some lovely grens and its only the middle of feb, I wonder what will turn up next?:tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Cheers, Paul.

Attachments

• latest finds feb 2011.jpg
    latest finds feb 2011.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 86
Last edited:
petard and Billant

Excellent haul Paul. I am particularly partial to the French petard as it is different and not your common run of the mill petard. Also i've been after a Billant automatic fuze for some time (The F1 with Billant fuze was carried by doughboys before the grenades started arriving in France) Fact is very little U.S. equipment arrived in France at all because it was destined to be used in the 1919 Foch planned offensive which never happened) I have a partial billant fuze, and even would settle for a repro for a correct doughboy display. Actualy I like them all. Very cool stuff....Dan

Last edited:
Nice stuff Paul,

again ime envious.
Surely you dont need any more this year???

Andy

Hi,
A precision : the french "ptard" is called : Ptard Raquette F2 modle 1915 (official made grenade).

f2 bis.jpg

f2 bis 2.jpg

Greatings from France

Paul - The quality of the items you have acquired is exceptional. You really have got a good eye - Please tell me if collectors & dealers have set aside these items for you or did you find them by yourself i.e. Military Fairs or web sites. I am astonished at such a great group acquired so early in the year. WF

Hi warface. Ive recently been trading off all my 2ww grernades so thats why ive managed to aquire some nice pieces.
Cheers, Paul.