What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Projectile 40mm PCM

ammocat

Ordnance approved
I have decided to make a cutaway of a Projectile 40mm Practice Colour Marking (PCM), which has been an extremely easy project. The only thing left to do is to replace the orange powder into the nose of the projectile. I was going to the mix the orange powder with clear silicone and then fill the projectile with it. I am concerned that the silicone may produce a dull colour and the end result may not be quite right.

I know there are other products such as Clear Polyester Casting Resins and Clear Liquid Plastic Casting Resin which may produce a better result. Does anyone have any experience with this type of product, or any advice on the subject? I have a very limited amount of orange powder to try a test with.

40mm PCM.jpg 40mm PCM orange powder.jpg

Hi. Ive used filler and fluorescent spray paint, with reasonable results. Cheers

Attachments

• fluro.jpg
    fluro.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 48