What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

sussex armoury repro canadian mills no 36

Darrol

Premium Member
hi everyone. heres some pics of the sussex armoury made mills bomb ..i think sold around early 1980s.
Darrol.

Attachments

• IMG20110306_003.jpg
    IMG20110306_003.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 92
  • IMG20110306_010.jpg
    IMG20110306_010.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 122
  • IMG20110306_008.jpg
    IMG20110306_008.jpg
    89 KB · Views: 133
  • IMG20110306_011.jpg
    IMG20110306_011.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG20110306_009.jpg
    IMG20110306_009.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 110
  • IMG20110306_002.jpg
    IMG20110306_002.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
This is a converted Dutch (Canadian) practice grenade, you can tell its a dutch practice by the extra circle on the base plug, some ones welded up the drill holes and give it a repaint. Dave

yes its a copy .galt metal industries wouldnt have produced such a bad casting.the strikers groove is uneven as well as the suspect markings and poor finish .sussex armoury made repro mills bombs.

This is a converted Dutch (Canadian) practice grenade, you can tell its a dutch practice by the extra circle on the base plug, some ones welded up the drill holes and give it a repaint. Dave
hi dave .are you sure .its very poor quality for a genuine one .regards Darrol

it was a genuine Canadian practice grenade given to the dutch army after ww2 then some one has welded up the holes and give it a repaint, i have a complete box of these in there original dutch form, the box has written on the bottom in Dutch a present from the people of Canada.

thanks .ive found theres a few knocking about in the same state and painted as this .the base . .tube and filler are like new and the striker is cut to one side more than other .i can see the holes have been filled ,what is the S marking for on the base and tube . .its only 3 mill long in a kind of diamondish shape?

it was a genuine Canadian practice grenade given to the dutch army after ww2 then some one has welded up the holes and give it a repaint, i have a complete box of these in there original dutch form, the box has written on the bottom in Dutch a present from the people of Canada.
is there any chance of a pic of the grenade in its original form please .thanks darrol

This is a converted Dutch (Canadian) practice grenade, you can tell its a dutch practice by the extra circle on the base plug, some ones welded up the drill holes and give it a repaint. Dave[/QUOTEgault prac 36.jpg
thanks for the pics dave .just got round to redrilling the holes and repainting it:bigsmile: . .there are dozens of these on the market at moment all welded up and roughly refinished and sold as original .
regards Darrol .