What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Great Waar flechettes

Great War flechettes

I would guess the use of flechettes dates back to at least WW1. Pictured are 3 known WW1 flechettes. When dropped from an aeroplane it has been said that these flechettes could easily penetrate a steel helmet. OUCHAMUNDO........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 121.jpg
    Picture 121.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 69
Last edited:
The top one ...is it german? .i have one and have no idea what D.R.G.M means thats stamped into it.has youres the same markings? Regards Darrol.

Can't rightly answer that Darrol as they aren't mine. The only one I know is for sure German would be the one in middle of picture....Dano

The top one ...is it german? .i have one and have no idea what D.R.G.M means thats stamped into it.has youres the same markings? Regards Darrol.

D.R.G.M stands for Deutsches Reich Gebrauchs - Muster. This means that this design was registered at the german patent office.

There is a french book that covers flachettes of all wars and time periods. I saw it while in Verdun at Fort Duamont.