What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Slics 2011

Slick

Whew! Just got in (7:45PM). That's after getting up a 2:15AM and driving 10 hours round trip to St. Louis. As tired as I am, I can truthfully say it was a great trip and was successful in ridding my self of all the extra cash I had. A truck cab full and three crates in the bed of newly acquired goodies.
Got to meet face-to-face: US/Subs, Falcon, Taber10, and Lou, along with re-seeing others.
As for pictures, didn't take a one (sorry ordman). It's the same-o same-o anyway. Lots of tables, probably 150 or so, full of SAA and bigger stuff. NO GRENADES ALLOWED!!! Although there were a couple discreetly displayed. New rule, I guess. Prices were what one would expect(in the U.S.), although pretty much everybody makes deals, especially if you buy multiple items. Lots of trading goes on, as one can imagine.
A great day, but I'm whupped. I may be getting too old for these all-dayers.

Rick

Hiya Rick,

I didn't realise you were going to attend SLICS, but hey, it fits your name. ;)
Good to hear you had a good time. :)
Did you pick up anything good from the Dutchies? :p

Cheers,
Olafo

Someday I'll make the trip to SL
Went through there some 30 yrs ago when I crossed country
from Alaska via Washington state what a trip.
ahhhh tis but to dream
oh well I'll hit a few gun shows and swap meets this summer

I'll try and post some photos in a few days after I get home and can download. Good show, great people.

A major storm blew through St. Louis yesterday. A tornado hit the airport terminal building causing serious damage. The hotel where SLICS is held is right across the highway from it. Haven't heard if there was any damage there. I sure hope not. Am very anxious to hear from some of the attendees. I'm sure the electricity is off, making for a very sucky stay and loss of comm.

Rick

So, finally got everything unloaded and set up for a photo-op. Not pictured are books and manuals that were acquired. All in all, a fun day that added immensely to the collection. Some mighty fun stuff in the lot.

Rick

SLICS 2011 001 (Small).jpg

No problems at the hotel, though you could watch the storm pass over the airport from your hotel windows. Missed the hotel by 400-500M

Just woke up after my long drive (16 hours) home. Lots of good stuff. I only saw Rick to say "Hi", glad to see you were busy.

What did you get Jeff?

Lots of little stuff mostly. Not too much big stuff that I didn't have or was interested in, very little sub stuff of CW. Picked up a couple of cool 40mm, a couple projos and lots of small specialty cartridges. Photographed are a Mighty Midget grenade kit, another SUS device, some incendiary bomb fuzes and spare sub bodies, 40mm ogives/fuzes & some small arms type stuff, more small arms including some AP pistol stuff/spotter rounds, 50 Vickers, SLAP, dim tracer, etc and an Israeli 30mm. Then there is some tear gas stuff (ferret rounds) and a very nice factory clear demo model of the 12 guage Taser round. Couple of hard to find flechette 12 guage (Whirlpool and AAI), 40mm TP with factory cutaway, a 155mm spline projectile and a hard to find Japanese 20mm. Finishing it up I've got a nice box of tracer rounds with some 5.56mm marker rounds, a new launcher and a beautiful factory cutaway of the 40mm IR marker round.

There is more small stuff - it was a small stuff show - some project salvo pieces, a little bit of gyrojet stuff and some flechette type ninja stuff, but that can wait till another time. All in all a good show, even if it was mostly little stuff.

DSCN2097.jpg DSCN2098.jpg DSCN2079a.jpg DSCN2089.jpg DSCN2096.jpg DSCN2095.jpg DSCN2080.jpg DSCN2093.jpg DSCN2082.jpgDSCN2079.jpg DSCN2078.jpg DSCN2091.jpg DSCN2084.jpg DSCN2114.jpg DSCN2086.jpg

Sweet Jesus! I've been collecting a while now, but here in Germany we don't have that....or maybe I missed it.
Pure beauty, I feel aroused...

The world's largest private collection is in the NL, not the US.....

Sweet Jesus! I've been collecting a while now, but here in Germany we don't have that....or maybe I missed it.
Pure beauty, I feel aroused...

Join the German ECRA branch (Patronensammlervereinigung) then you will see many more things.

Here would be my favorite score as a result of the show. U.S. 20lb Frag bomb. Unfortunatly 4-hole inerted but in a way thats repairable and still very much appreciated. Also got lucky and picked up an AN M110 nose fuze thats the perfect fit in an auction a few weeks back.
Good food,good beer,good people and awesome bullets.M126 018.jpgM126 005.jpgM126 003.jpg