What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bunker bash show

Falcon

Did anyone go to the Bunker Bash show today? This is at the site of the Kelvedon Hatch nuclear bunker in Brentwood, Essex.

It is a small show but I would say worth a visit. There were quite a few military vehicles on display. There was also probably about 30 militaria stalls plus an arena where they did re-enactments plus crushed a caravan with a Czech OT-90 APC. The bunker itself was also open for tours. For the extra 6.50 I went to have a look round that which is worth doing.

This show is on tomorrow (22 May 2011) if anyone sees this and wants to go for a look.

http://www.bunkerbash.co.uk/

Nah, we were waiting for the Rapture to happen over here. Some wit (or group thereof) had predicted that it would happen today, put up billboards all over the country and advertised, but I'm not sure if it was supposed to be 6 PM Eastern, Central, Mountain or Pacific time, all of which have passed. The only other time zones we have left are Alaska and Hawaii. I'm gonna go to sleep and see what tomorrow brings. Or not. Cheers, Bruce.

Falcon, can you get some pictures of the inside of the Bunker for me?

bacarnal, The only thing that bothers me is who in the world are these people? If the call themselves "Christians" and are doing this then they need to go back and re-read Matthew 24 and 25. If Jesus doesn't know when it will happen, than WE ALL are not getting it.

They had signs up inside it that said you had to pay an extra 5 to take photos. I didn't do this as I thought photos must be on the internet by now.

This bunker is where the government of the UK was supposed to operate from in case of Soviet nuclear attack. During the tour of the bunker it said it was intended to keep out the the likes of the public as much as it was the radiation. Apparently it was sold in 1994 with the condition that it could be re-activated if required. We can all sleep easier knowing that if a nuclear war happens then they will still be around to tax us.