What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

T Mauser Anti Tank 'projectile'

Mark Finneran

Although my interest is purely in MG08 and 08/15, note 08/15 in the background I thought members may enjoy this image.....
27aug 027.jpg

I saw one of the rifles for sale at Beltring a few years ago for 5 grand. They are on the obsolete calibres list so it was fully intact. The inert cartridges are fairly common. They are usually about 30 each for a good one.

Last edited:
I know a couple of people with T-Gwrs. One was bought about three years ago for around 3,500 and the one at Beltring sold I think in the end for 4K.

As Falcon said, the ammo is fairly readily available in collector circles, but these are all normal AP rounds. What are much harder to find and worth a lot more are the other loads like PmK (2 types), SmK Tracer (2 types) and blank, etc. Strictly speaking of course, these loads were not for the T-Gwr but for the TuF machine gun.

Regards
TonyE

The T-Gwrs are about the same price here maybe less. You can get live rounds here without to much of a problem finding them.

Last edited:
Great photograph Mark! Would love to know the story behind the barrel 'modification'. As you know Mark I have a soft spot for T-Gewehr's. They are certainly here in Australia in the better collections...but rarely seem to come up for public sale. Aust/US $'s around 4-5000 for a good one, about the same money as a decent Boys Anti-Tank rifle here, which to me is crazy given the scarcity of the Mauser compared to the Boys. Most 13mm cartridges I have found here have been 'pulled'. A nice example should get up to $100.

good collecting, Peter.

Wanted to re-energise this thread as with the passage of time values and availability changes. I am still looking for the T Gewehr rounds but keen to know values of the rifle either in UK or the continent.
Mark

Matthew has a rifle for sale at £13,995. I don’t know if Bapty’s still has the one I saw many years ago.

Inert T Gewehr rounds are currently listed by the following dealers, DB Militaria (£95), JC Militaria (£120), and WD Militaria (£100).

There's one on Quickfire finishing tomorrow for £25 ,small dent in the case,I've no connection with the seller

T Gewehr

Huge thanks for the details. I am still interested in this weapon ad look for items connected to it. Attached a few images.TG2.jpgTG1.jpgop (88).jpg

The boxes in the picture with the Germans are improvised AT mines.
The drawing shows a 13mm round for an experimental AT rifle of the interbellum period. Not a T-Gewehr round, as that was a rimmed cartridge.