What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

SUU-41 gravel mine dispenser

D

Dragontooth

Gents,

I have tried the search function several times and found zip.

Does someone have a nice pic of this rare beauty? Possibly with markings and contr. label ?
Was apparently only used in the years 68-70.

Best,
Dave.

any idea what ADU stands for?

Last edited:
Most kind of you, I appreciate it, but I was looking for a picture from a member so I can look at the details like color, symbols, manufacturer's markings, etc.
I guess Tupperware made the canister and Honeywell the actual dispenser according to my sources.
The various XM mines I have no clue who made those.
They remain a big mystery.

I have already seen those sites.

The submunitions were made on contract at Cornhusker in Nebraska, I think that was discussed previously here. If you are looking for color photos, then you are searching in the wrong places, the dispensers are or have been on display at two museums at least, look in museum collections or in postings by people that have visited particular museums.

The submunitions were made on contract at Cornhusker in Nebraska, I think that was discussed previously here. If you are looking for color photos, then you are searching in the wrong places, the dispensers are or have been on display at two museums at least, look in museum collections or in postings by people that have visited particular museums.

hey JO, thanks again amigo.
which museums?

dave

I'm guessing Wright Patterson AFB, the U.S. AF Museum, and China Lake Naval Weapons Center for a start.

None at China Lake, they are only Navy stuff. You are right on Wright Patt, plus the AF Armament Museum at Eglin has one.