What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found Unknown Mortar

.38 W.C.F.

Hello,
I'm a estate and a garage sale hound. Rarely I run into Inert Ordinance at local sales here in the biggest city in Montana, Billings. Attached is picture is a Mortar (I think it's a Mortar) I found that I have no clue about. I have Ian V. Hogg's book, and there is nothing quite like it. It is 13.5" long and 1 15/16" in diameter. It looks like an eagle logo stamped in the middle. Below that it is marked, 639 eem K. Bi. 1943. The green fin piece is slightly bent, and it is loose from the rest of it. Looks like it was held on by 3 small pins that are gone. I would like to know what country it is from and what it might be worth. I wish to sell it as I am not into collecting Ordinance like this. Any help would be great. Thanks! :tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• Motar1.jpg
    Motar1.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Motar2.jpg
    Motar2.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 53
Hi .38 W.C.F,
It looks to be a WW2 German 1kg incendiary bomb, nice item to have picked up at a yard\estate sale, best regards Weasel.

Definitely, as Weasel said. I was once tasked to deal with a find of a suspected 2 inch mortar bomb, that turned out to be one of these.