What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 80 fuze manufacturer "GK"?

That book is a great pick up FNG61! Thanks for the info on BMC and RMCCo, I didn't know they were Canadian. Unlike WW2 where most Canadian stuff is suffixed "/C". Did you see in one of the earlier posts by Drew (Dronic69) that he has a fuze marked both BMC and RMCCo? Perhaps parts mixed up or made by one and filled by the other?

The RMC book came with a REJECT stamped No.80 fuze, with initials marked into it, that are likely related to an employee. The base plug had the familiar No.80 VII / R.M.C.Co marking. It needed a battlefield relic to compliment it. When I finally found one, there was a RMC base plug in a BM fuze body. Which might lead one to suspect, that when RMC contract was complete, they sold any leftover parts to BM.

I think Drew's dual marked fuze also has "REJECT" stamped on it. Your theory sounds completely feasible. Every one of these dual marked fuzes I have seen has been a BMC body with an RMCCo base plug, so it appears to be more than just parts being mixed up over the years. Both companies were manufacturers not just filling contractors, so the only way it could occur would be for one company to acquire parts from the other. If RMCCo's contract was finished by December 1917 then it is entirely possible they had surplus sundry parts left over and BMC bought them.