What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

V1 part

SG500

Premium Member
Heres one I picked up recently, the front part of a V1 in nice condition.
An odometer driven by a vane anemometer on the nose of the V1 determined when the target area had been reached, accurately enough for area bombing. Before launch, the counter was set to a value that would reach zero upon arrival at the target in the prevailing wind conditions. As the missile flew, the airflow turned the propeller, and every 30 rotations of the propeller counted down one number on the counter. This counter triggered the arming of the warhead after about 60 km (37 mi). When the count reached zero, two detonating bolts were fired. Two spoilers on the elevator were released, the linkage between the elevator and servo was jammed and a guillotine device cut off the control hoses to the rudder servo, setting the rudder in neutral. These actions put the V-1 into a steep dive.
Theres more information on the following site.
Dave.

http://www.zenza.se/vw/v1_navigation.html
V1 nose 002.jpgV1 nose 005.jpgV1 nose 006.jpgV1 nose 009.jpgV1 nose 007.jpgV1 nose 004.jpgV1 nose 003.jpgV1 nose 001.jpgV1 nose.jpgV1 nose 008.jpg

Beautiful piece of a V1 Dave

I think you have been travelling in your 'time machine' again !!!!!

Thanks for showing and great write up

regards Kev

Thanks Kev, I think it'll be a slow process to get the rest of it by post.........
Dave.

If you could only get one piece, that's the one. And in excellent condition.

Is there an early version of this as i seen one on fleabay thats much simplified? i have seen this poss later version here.

best

waff

Attachments

• V1 pic 2.jpg
    V1 pic 2.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 30
  • V1.jpg
    V1.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 31
  • v1 pic 5.jpg
    v1 pic 5.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 29
Good point Kev,

I was thinking the blurred pic 'tube' it attaches too looks different from the clear pic?

best

waff

Good point Kev,

I was thinking the blurred pic 'tube' it attaches too looks different from the clear pic?

best

waff

Hmmm, I think maybe the blurred image and the angle it has been taken at makes it appear that way. Looking at the size of the prop blade compared to length etc, they look about the same, however there may be a difference - I think it would need a clear photo to be sure.

regards Kev