What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3.7cm German hardcore projectile

SG500

Premium Member
This one shows how good the fakes are getting these days.
The rough condition one is original complete with cap which is obviously hollow sounding when you tap it.
The good condition one is a lovely........fake one complete with Waff stamp and various other nice looking markings. The "cap" is solid.
Just be careful out there :tinysmile_eyebrow_t
Dave.

Attachments

• 21st July 2011 007.jpg
    21st July 2011 007.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 107
  • 21st July 2011 009.jpg
    21st July 2011 009.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 94
  • 21st July 2011 010.jpg
    21st July 2011 010.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 80
  • 21st July 2011 008.jpg
    21st July 2011 008.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 77
Interesting to see that somebody makes copies of these.It is easy if you have CNC lathe in use.I have seen many 2cm AP warhead copies also.

Hi Dave.
When did you come across that one ? I have not seen a fake of these before but have of the 2cm version. Have attached a picture of mine as another reference.
Thank you for showing this as people do need to be aware especially of the "rare stuff" as there too many unscrupulous people out there,
Best regards Weasel.
3,7cm Hartkern 01.jpg3,7cm Hartkern 02.jpg

Hi Dave.
When did you come across that one ? I have not seen a fake of these before but have of the 2cm version. Have attached a picture of mine as another reference.
Thank you for showing this as people do need to be aware especially of the "rare stuff" as there too many unscrupulous people out there,
Best regards Weasel.
View attachment 55719View attachment 55720

Thanks Weasel, it came from Beltring and yes, I knew it was a fake when I got it, fortunately the guy I got it from was honest!
Dave.