What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ID these bullets

celica

hi looking for an ID on these two rounds,

here they are along with a 7.62x39 for comparison.IMG_0050.jpg

IMG_0053.jpgIMG_0054.JPG

Here are the headstamps, the large one on the left i think is a type of 50cal.

here are the measurements.
Case length 75.5mm
OAL 109.5mm
Bullet diam 12.9mm
headstamp says .50 76 k

and smaller one
case length 56.67mm
oal 79.88mm
bullet 8.12mm
headstamp 11 two stars and 54

thanks for looking

The 'Mauser' 7.92x57mm is Yugoslavian, 11 denotes the factory code and the .50" spotting round is a dummy/drill round

Tony

Last edited:
On my screen the Kynoch .50 BAT round looks like it has the matt plating on the case head. If that is so it has been polished to remove the plating from the body of the case.

Regards
TonyE

Hi TonyE,
didn't the matt plate and chromed drill rounds have flutes on the case body?

Cheers
Tony

OK smartypants, of course it did. I can't help being an idiot, I'm old!

(I knew there was something not quite right when I typed that...duh!)

Cheers
TonyE

You and me both,I nearly id'd the 7.92 as Bulgarian as it looks like a steel case in the headstamp photo!,but you are right it does look like plating in the headstamp of the BAT round,me thinks because of the high polish of the round could be 'brasso' residue:tinysmile_twink_t2:

Cheers
Tony

HI, cheers for the id's. both rounds have been polished up, but the headstamp and cases are the same they just look darker in the pics. it always amazes me the vast knowledgebase avialable on this website.

SMLE i love the quote one your sig, "if you want peace, prepare for war".

Thanks