What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russian, Scandinavian and Dutch rounds

Awesome!!! Looks like Im on the right track for indentification of this little 37mm I picked up today at a fleamarket... Thanks!!!! !37mmRussianmaybe 001.jpg37mmRussianmaybe 003.jpg37mmRussianmaybe 004.jpg37mmRussianmaybe 005.jpg37mmRussianmaybe 006.jpg

Nice as always -

Looking for Russian solid shot, both kinds, with lower & upper band and lower band only.

Russian Navy, but I would say this is APHE. Bottom plug may contain an internal fuze. I had a 47 mm Russian round with similar looking base fuze with no markings on outside.

Nice to see the Dutch projectiles. Do you also have original Dutch cases (HEMBRUG) or export only?

Only 1, the youngest. Finding Dutch rounds is hard, as John Roks told me that they imported ammunition from all sources and most can be confused with other countries.Only European countries harder to get examples are Denmark(0) and Italy(4). I welcome offers from all countries.

I have two Dutch rounds, the Penetrating came locally in a Hotchkiss case, the PD I put in a Hotchkiss case. German or Dutch cases for these are impossible to find over here.
The penetrating has an internal Hotchkiss pattern fuze.

Attachments

• IMG_2652.jpg
    IMG_2652.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_2651.jpg
    IMG_2651.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited: