What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who uses this bag please?

Petel

Hello.
Have just received parcel from Germany, containing an " INERT " Yugo M75 purchased on SA.

Lever unit was sent separate from the body and lever unit was sealed in plastic "see-through" bag.

Seller assures me that he did not pack the unit in this bag, so who did?

Bag is clear plastic, four and a quarter inches wide by seven and three quarters long.

Bottom of bag is open and is closed by rolling up and twisting over a metal closing tie.

Top of bag has black stencil type illustration of a rifle round and the wording :-

Grasp corner firmly and snap --------- to open along this line.

Is this UK customs and/or can I expect a visit from my local constabulary in the early hours of Sunday morning?

Any confirmation as to the bag would be much appreciated.

Thank you, Pete.

Hi Pete,

I have no idea about the bag but I do know that every parcel I have received that has been opened by customs has had a big yellow sticker on the outside of the package stating that it has been opened and searched. Not sure if they put these stickers on everything that is opened up by them?

Darren

Petel

While having no clue how your items ended up in that bag, I do have a possible explanation of what the bag is. They were issued to U.S. and S. Vietnamese troops(during SEA conflict) for waterproofing M16 magazines and ammunition. I hear tell they were mostly used for cigarettes and TP. Here's a pic of one that looks very similar to what you described.

Rick

Mag pouch, plastic.jpg

Last edited:
Hello to Daren and Slick and thank you both for your replies.

To Slick. That is the bag in question. The one I have here is dated 12/69 and does not have the block of ( presumably ) Vietnamese text.
Many thanks for your confirmation.

To Darren. There was no yellow customs sticker on the box, in my day they were white. The box was open, but this was more a case of being " burst " open, due to the sellers pathetic attempt at packaging and subsequent mishandling by his chosen ( Cowboy ) courier service.

My thanks to you both for your help.
Regards, Pete.

Last edited:
I think you will find that the bag you got your item in was packed by the seller, he has hundreds of them....... Dave

Many thanks to all for the replies.

It is now confirmed that, despite his statement to the contrary, the seller did pack the item in the bag mentioned.

Thank you again, Pete.