What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trench art lamp (2)

ydnum303

Hi all,

Thought I would show this other lamp also. Got it about a year ago in an auction, with a Lot described as "...including various 1 and 2 pounder cases and projectiles, and trench art including a 2-pounder converted to a lamp".

I paid no attention to the lamp at the time, as not into trench art; it was only when I got the Lot home that I noticed the case was longer than the 2-Pdr A/T cases therein, so took a closer look, and was amazed to find it was a Davis Gun case!

The case was the correct length; the only damage was a small piece of the rim cut away, plus the primer removed (which was soon remedied through the good offices of fellow BOCN member Falcon).

DSCF0070.jpgDSCF0071.jpgDSCF0067.jpgNice to find something rare that is salvageable for once! Shame that the projectile was only a wooden replica, though.

Regards,

Roger.