What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ao-2.5rt

Chris

Ordnance approved
Is there anybody who has an Englisch description about this Russian submunition.
Specially about how the fuze works.

Regards,

Chris

Not yet Pete, was a bit in a hurry, so thought tried the forum first.

Chris

Hi Chris , ask Joop from MTM, he can help you for shure. He has them as a cutaway model too.
Regards, DJH

Sorry Chris, I was out for a few days and just got back. Let me know if you need anything else.

Cover.jpg Untitled-1.jpg Untitled-2.jpg Untitled-3.jpgUntitled-4.jpg

Does anyone have the Russian Manual for the AO 2.5 RT and Ao 2.5 RTM? I am looking for an actual full manual on these guys, but seem to be hitting dead ends.

Anyone have any ideas?

Joe

Is that the only fuze ... looking at the picture TARBELIN posted, there is a different fuze nomenclature. I am also wondering ifg they used other forms of the I-352 series. And what the differences might be.

Joe

This was the reason for my posting. The I-352V is confirmed (for the RTM variant) while any other "secondary source" is to be treated with caution as we should not forget that many people who examine ammunition and report about often mistake markings like lot numbers as for a designations (as happened before with Russian ordnance). What of course does not exclude that there are 2 different fuzes indeed. Images of real specimen might help to get closer to the truth of course.

Last edited:
I agree ... it gets difficult when looking at all of the possibilities. All images I have seen of these have the I-352V fuze. If someone has seen anything other than that it would be interesting to see the images.

Maybe one day I will get a copy of the publication (Russian version) and see what they have to say about the fuzes.

Joe

Just found that there is also an "I-352" which is dated 1987 while the "I-352V" is dated 1988. Guess for the modification/switch of the fuze to the "V" variant we have now a more or less confirmed year.

I just finished reading the book "The Soviet Biological Weapons Program", in it they posted pics of the AO 2.5RT and RBK cluster suggesting the Soviets modified this sub to be a bio weapon. They went on to say that in the CIA project "Clear Vision" that was to see if they could build a soviet style bio lab, weaponize the agent and then load it in a weapons system (the book said they used a soviet style bio sub which they say looked like the AO 2.5). No good confirmation and their references left a little to be desired, but I could see how the AO 2.5rt could be modified.

Have emails out to the two authors asking for clarification and better reference