What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Various Experimentals SAA (2)

SpudGun

Here are some more from my collection. At the moment I'm trying to get each photo to have the same set up and settings.

From Left to Right:

9mm x 40 Lilja Finland

9.53mm x 76 Semi Rimmed USA

.276 inch RL18000C British

4.16mm x 45 Dutch

4.5mm x 58 Schirnecker Belgian (This maybe an incorrect designation, I can't get to my reference books at the moment)

experi.jpg

Last edited:
I think the bullet of your .276 inch round is not seated deep enough. Compare it to the examples in the picture.

Also, can I suggest that ".276 inch Pattern '13" is a better identification than .276 British. ".276 inch RL18000C" would be even better. There were a considerable number of .276 inch British experimental designs, both during the development of the P.'13 rifle and then during the 1920s and 30s. I know that is being a bit picky, but it does avoid confusion.

Regards
TonyE

Attachments

• 276.jpg
    276.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 20
OK, I'll play.
Here are my few ".276 inch RL18000C" rounds; 3 ball and one armorer's dummy.

276.jpg

Tony, what are your two outside ball-looking rounds?
Very nice wood-bullet dummy, BTW.

My 2 cents! some experimental aluminium 7.92x57mm cases, which I'm told where manufactured during the 1930's for the luftwaffe, trials to produce lighter aircraft ammunition.

Regards
MichaelEX1.jpgEX2.jpgEXPERIMENTAL 792MM.jpg

archmoco= very interesting rounds. I like alloy cased ammo.

Jonny - the left hand one is an R^L and the right hand one is the Winchester with headstamp. I need the unheadstamped Winchester type with the "w" primer.

Cheers
TonyE

I also have oner like that. I am not sure why they were so marked, as the additional Broad Arrow overstamp is normally only found on contractor's rounds accepted for service.

Regards
TonyE