What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

14.5x51mm spotter

jprett

yup those are the auctions he had all three of the rounds

I meant to say that I have a red tipped one which is the PD M-183
and yellow tipped one that is a 3 sec delay M-181

This cartridge has been around since at least the early 1950s and has been used with many more variations then most people realize. A friend of mine collects mortars and got started on mortar sub-cals, the 14.5 was used for this also and drew his interest. Here are some of his variations. This is from some old photos of his taken during an IAA display, he has offered to take updated, more detailed photos if there is interest.

14.5_X_20R,_51R_Display-E  a.jpg 14.5_X_20R,_51R_Display-E  b.jpg 14.5mm_Ammo_Boxes-E.jpg

I don't, but if there is interest I can send him an e-mail and ask for some better shots. These pix were cropped from general photos he took of his display for the show. The quality sucks but I figured that it was good enough to test the waters and see if anyone wanted better.

I see now that my original response came through with dark text on a dark background. There is actually text above the photos, highlight it and you should be able to read. My computer at work is set up differently than my one at home, sometimes I get issues between the dark/bright screens.

This cartridge has been around since at least the early 1950s and has been used with many more variations then most people realize. A friend of mine collects mortars and got started on mortar sub-cals, the 14.5 was used for this also and drew his interest. Here are some of his variations. This is from some old photos of his taken during an IAA display, he has offered to take updated, more detailed photos if there is interest.

View attachment 58197 View attachment 58198 View attachment 58199
with text.....Tony "This cartridge has been around since at least the early 1950s and has been used with many more variations than most people realise.A friend of mine collects mortars and got started on mortar sub-cals,the 14.5 was used for this also and drew his interest. here are some of his variations.This is from some old photos of his taken during an IAA display,he has offered to take updated,more detailed photos if there is interest."

Last edited: