Welcome to the Inert Ordnance Collectors.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Premium/Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

America's Munitions 1917-1918

America's Munitions 1917-1918, Crowell, Benedict, The Assistant Secretary of War, Director of Munitions.

This is a bible for anyone who collects or researches US WWI items. What you will find is a very interesting and accurate account of almost everything that the US ordered and accepted into service from April 1917 to November 1918.

In the various sections you can find the information on factory stampings, numbers of items ordered, numbers of items rejected and the number of items accepted from a specific factory if the information was documented. I have used this book to track down the manufacturer of a 6" trench mortar that we recovered a few years ago in New Jersey. The book is fascinating and while I just purchased my second copy this week (I paid $100 for the first copy in 1997 and I bought a better copy for $30 this time) I'm going to pass the book on to you guys for free (OK, Google Books did all the hard work but hey, I found it!)

http://books.google.com/books?hl=en&...um=1&ct=result

Download it and enjoy!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Eodtek For This Useful Post:

bacarnal (15th October 2011)

Ordnance Approved
    Thanks

America's Munitions 1917-1918

Sorry but the link you provided doesn't give me an option to download the pub.
    Can you help

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ammotech View Post
    Sorry but the link you provided doesn't give me an option to download the pub.
    Hmmmm, do you have an up to date version of Adobe Acrobat? I can see the Download button on the right so I was assuming everyone else could.

Try this link and see if it works: http://books.google.com/books/pdf/Am...zsie1hBlIYFaPw

Fuzeman
    hi no this dos,nt work either

Thanks
    I'm stumped as both links work for me and on different machines. Hopefully someone has a solution.

Armourer
    Can't get it either, tried 2 different computers.

Fuzeman
    ABE BOOKS have 23 copies on their dealers list (all in America ) ranging from $40 to a whopping great $247
    its a good site for out of print books

Thanks
    http://www.archive.org/details/armie...tryo01wilsgoog

This is a Public Domain book in PDF format it's free....

Ordnance Approved/Premium
    Thanks
    Eodtek, THANK YOU!! I'm at a FUDS (Formerly Used Defense Site) right now and they fired mostly WW I artillery here, so this will help. Ammotech, Google Books usually wants you to join them but the free stuff is great. There is a bar that says "Get it now" and under that is "Read on my device". Click on "Read on my device" and it will bring you to the device page and download to the device you want. I usually go to the bottom one that is "download a PDF file" and save it on my computer in Adobe then transfer it to my external hard drive. Good luck, Bruce.
    ALL ORDNANCE SHOWN BY ME HAS BEEN INERTED AND HAS NO LIVE FILLERS.

John D. Bartleson Jr.
    Great Illustrations of all type of war materials from aerial bomb, grenades, small arms, etc.
    just tpe in the 'crazy' word and select subit, select PDF and it will ask you to open or save.
    Regards,
    John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast