What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bullet belts and ammo boxes

DanTheMan

After some serious range time I have ended up with loads of bullet belts, ammo boxes and a few mags. Belts include Minimi, M60, MG34, M1919, RPD, 50 Cal.

ammo2.jpg

Hi Dan The Man,Do you realise just how long it takes to clean my keyboard when I have finished drooling over pictures like yours,Nice one mate very impressive,
Regards,Don,

Very nice Dan,
really like the wood Russian 7.62x54R box with the metal cans inside,do you have the lids?

Tony

Hi Tony, I have the wooden crate lid but not the metal spam can lids - they were taken off with a can opener and not nice on your fingers. My local RFD sometimes sells the wooden boxes for approx a fiver if anyone wants one ?

I'd guess approx 1000, I'm not counting and there are more in some of the boxes. Unfortunately it's more quantity than quality but each to his own, have sent you a message re: wooden box.

beltring 001.jpgbeltring 004.jpg
Dan,

Glad to see that some more belt addicts are there nice buch you have there. . i collect them too, a small catch of them MG131/13, MG151/20, MG42, 12,7 DSHK (ww2) .50cal .303 and .306. Have to fill a Russian Maxim belt too, but the ammo is hard to find.

Kees

...darn it, I am jealous, so I am starting some competition. I have a few thousand of these and decided now is a good time to start "assembling" them......I have not reloaded in years, my old can of IMR 4895 powder had a price tag of $14.95 on it....I was surprised to find the new ones costing $32 each....

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    287 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 46
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 49
......I was lucky to find about six hundred Finn dated, 1936-1940 , 7.62x54R. I was also lucky to find Finn captured ammo cans, ( one can even dated 1916) from a place called " Clearview investments" for $20 apiece, ( they are still in business) when I opened them up they had two hundred links soaked in cosmoline...looks good in my cave.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    188.8 KB · Views: 32
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    201.8 KB · Views: 32