What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Archive photos

This winter my project is to try and square away my electronic files, both digital images and documents. Dozens of terabytes of data, what a mess. While doing this I am uncovering lots of cool stuff I have not seen in years, here are a couple of photos from a scanned US Archive doc. The file was titled "Balls of Fire".

1e.jpgUntitled-6.jpgUntitled-7.jpgUntitled-8.jpgUntitled-9.jpgUntitled-10.jpgUntitled-11.jpgUntitled-12.jpg

What a unique way to turn a glass rolling pin and beer bottle into a flame weapon, though my wife would cry over the rolling pin since she collects antique kitchen utensils, among other things. Thanks for starting this thread back up, Jeff.

My Mom had one of those rolling pins, or was it perhaps a deactivated blitz gun projectile............................

If she used it on your bum, like mine would have, there wouldn't have been a great deal of difference:crossedlips: Cheers, Bruce.

If you guys are going to keep yakking and not let this thread go to sleep I may as well stuff some more photos in. If I've posted these someplace before let me know and I'll look for another set.

28d.jpg28dd.jpg29b.jpg29bb.jpg30b.jpg30bb.jpg

But we LIKE this thread, Jeff. Doesn't matter if you repeat yourself, either. Cheer, Bruce.

I'm sure that some of these may have been shown before, but no time to go back and check tonight.

MKII Experimentals.jpgMKII Sliding Fin.jpgMKII with Arming Weight.jpgT5, T6, M9A1 smokes  1.jpgT5, T6, M9A1 smokes  2.jpgT24 Follow through device.jpg

If they have been, I don't recall them. The follow-through is VERY interesting!! Any other info of pix of that? Thanks, Bruce.

If they have been, I don't recall them. The follow-through is VERY interesting!! Any other info of pix of that? Thanks, Bruce.
All I got was that picture. No data on the back.

150.jpg150a.jpg151.jpgbull6.jpgbull6a.jpgD.F1-A. 1914-1918(arm).PRT.bx0280.041.jpg

Attachments

• 150.jpg
    150.jpg
    302.9 KB · Views: 39
  • 151.jpg
    151.jpg
    329.5 KB · Views: 53
That's a hell of a cross section of Ordnance, from Jap Balloon bombs to Tabun to WWI Toffee Apple! I really liked the Phantom with the cartridge casings falling from the gun pods too!