What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Condiment Set

Brian Keith

DSC_0021.JPGDSC_0022.JPGHere is an interesting condiment set, US .50 cal. in center ( U 42 marked), three British 20mm projectiles. Two marked on the bottom, "M.O" with the "Broad Arrow" proof on the fuze, one marked with the proof on the base and on the fuze, "No. 253 I STL". I understand the salt and pepper "shakers", but what is the one with the spreader? For mustard?
Hope you enjoy seeing this.
BKW

Hi Brian,Thanks for showing you "condiment set",I would assume the spreader or spoon is for mustard,
Regards,Don,

Hi Brian,me again,the spreader looks like the tool/dipper ( I have no idea of the correct name)from an Enfield .303 oil container which is kept inside the buttplate,
Regards,Don,

Thanks for all the comments, glad you enjoyed seeing it. Beihan62, your are correct on the spoon/dipper part. It also appears to me to be from a British oil kit. I can read the last four letters, "STRAL" from some writing on it. You must have good eyes!
I do find things like this really interesting, made to be functional, but in reality, it really wouldn't be very functional. Salt and mustard in a steel container, not really a good combination.
Yours,
BKW