What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Apart from ordnance I collect these....

Nismosonic

I also collect these.... A small part of my collection of military folding knives, mostly British wartime dated.

Attachments

• DSC_0901.jpg
    DSC_0901.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 72
Ive used one as an every day knife for years, still very reliable, (and not ilegal to carry... yet!) be lost without it.

I got given one of those a few months back, till i see this post i did not know thy were all stamped with there date and maker on the blade,,,,, Dave

HPIM6549.jpg

That is a Royal Navy version Dave, very nice, the Fizpatrick name would have been the owner.
I have over 60 of these, most were made in Sheffield, Over 120 different makers are known to exist, there are also some very rare types like the SOE "tyre slasher" and the army "Canoe" knife.
I know this post is not ordnance, but thought id share one of my other loves!.

Last edited:
Hi Nismosonic,I used to have a collection of knives and bayonets of all sorts,I have kept two of the stainless steel military folding knives,two of the bakerlite handled ones and some of the older penknives,I think the most interesting one I have is an aircrew rescue knife,it clips into its metal scabbard and is in a pouch which is sewn onto the flight suit,to release it the hilt is grasped and this operates the two locks which release the knife and it can be removed from the scabbard,it is one of the rarer type with the clipped point as opposed to the curved blade which is the norm,I believe these were carried by the SAS,as standby knives,but with the pouch made of material that blends in with the colour of their combat suits,
Don,

I will find out more about the knife as it was left with my father for me and did he did not get any of the previous owners details,,,,, Dave