What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

German Jagerfaust 2 different types

Fjordhouse

Ordnance approved
DSC06914.jpgDSC06915.jpgDSC06916.jpg

Here are some pictures of the Jagerfaust, they were fired from a Barrel that was mounted in the wings of the plane, it was a complete set, on the pictures you see the 2 different projectiles, one is with tracer the other one is without. The caliber was 5 cm . Ben

Fantastic rounds, thank you very much for showing then.
Best regards Weasel

Very nice Ben, and still in a great condition.

@ Miguel; the AZ-39 is one of two types used. In the other case, a intermediate piece with a 2cm impact fuze was used , but of this only the inerrt (tar filled) practice type has been found. When you follow Snufkin's link , last drawing , right in top you'll find the other fuze type.

Some ten years ago I posted the Jagerfaust on a Dutch Me 163 forum, looking at it appr 10 years later I see some interesting hypothetis about the working (foto electric cells and triggering) have been posted:
http://robdebie.home.xs4all.nl/me163/weapons01.htm

Regards, DJH

Last edited:
Nice find Ben, I didn't realise there was a tracer version. It makes you wonder why they bothered with a tracer version as the guns fired automatically. Perhaps it was to help as part of the development of the gun?
Dave.