What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.36 experimental rocket

ordman

Hey Guys
Heres another aquisition
Rare 2.36 rocket with reverse folding fins and a different warhead design
I've gone through every 2.36 rocket drawing and photo and have yet to find anything about it
It was definitely an HE round the warhead is empty and the fuze is intact/compleat and expended

PA080023.jpgPA080024.jpgPA080025.jpg

Last edited:
I looked through everything I have on the topic. Could not find anything even close. Is it a U.S. rocket? Any stampings of any sort? Vellly interesting.

Rick

Definitly US the lower half of the warhead is identical to the M6
Motor body to warhead and nozzle threading is the same as M6
I haven't removed the fuze but from visual inspection looks ientical to and M6 fuze
Total length of body is same as M6 minus the tail section
I have dissasembled it and theaded it on an M6 I have and it's a match

The museum photos I am working with right now have over a hundred rockets mixed in, with plenty of XM. I'll dig through and see if I can find anything close that may help with an ID.

Hi Guys

Do you have any closer pictures of the fins please Ordman ?
It almost looks like the fins from the replacement T12 rocket, same cutouts and shape etc but the bit that attaches them to the motor body doesn't look right perhapse its an experimental T12 round ?
The head is certainly not one that i have seen before but will keep trawling through my data and see if anything come up.
look forward to seeing if anybody else has any info on this cheers

from bazooka chris

I found a number of cool 2.36 experimentals, but only one that is similar to yours, and with a different ogive.

2.36 1-1.jpg 2.36 1-2.jpg

I ran across some more experimental rocket photos, thought I'd throw them on.

2.36 2-1.jpg2.36 3-1.jpg2.36 4-1.jpg2.36 4-2.jpg2.36 5.jpg