What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Info needed on Russian VPZ-1 Underwater demo fuze

HAZORD

Premium Member
Does anyone have any drawings or info, or can they point me to info on the Russian VPZ-1 fuze that is used with Russian TNT charges for underwater demo work? I have attached a photo from Lexpev's site that shows the fuze screwed into the end of a Bulk TNT charge.

I'm looking for methods of operation and internal view drawings, etc.

Thanks,

John

Attachments

• VPZ-1 Fuze and demo charge.jpg
    VPZ-1 Fuze and demo charge.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 37
Does anyone have any drawings or info, or can they point me to info on the Russian VPZ-1 fuze that is used with Russian TNT charges for underwater demo work? I have attached a photo from Lexpev's site that shows the fuze screwed into the end of a Bulk TNT charge.

I'm looking for methods of operation and internal view drawings, etc.

Thanks,

John
I have materials about ВПЗ-1 :)
It`s soviet special fuzes for underwater demolition work.
This pictures will help you.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 37
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 31
Specifications:
Length : 130mm
Diametr : 68 mm
Weight : 0.95 kilo
Weight Explosive: 26 gramm
Fuze can word on depth 1-10 m
Distance reliable operation of the explosion of TNT charge mass of 6 kg in water, m:
depth 1-2 m - 2-15 m
depth 2-10 - 2-25 m

@Ivashkin,

Thanks for the drawing and photo! I can't read Russian. Can you tell me how it works? Does it work like a depth charge fuze?

If in two words, VPZ-1 work like this:
In fuze it has safety mechanism. Safety mechanism start to work when you remove safety pin 1. After this start to work safety mechaniasm. Before removeing safety pin fuse can`t work. When will end safety time, fuze can eplode. Fuze will explode, because water presher (for example, it can do another explosion) will influence on lattice 2. Before infuence water presher fuze can`t explode!
Safety time can be defferent. It according to which special metal pim (on russian - металлоэлемент) you put in safety mechanism. With VPZ-1 use metal pin № 1, 3 and 5. safety time - 15-200 minets, 28-2060 minets, 78-2200 minets. Safety time can be different, because it according to temperature environment.
Bracket use for retention safety pin in transport position.
Charge with VPZ-1 - it`s passive charge, wich will explode only after explosion active charge.
1.jpg