What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Explosion museum and Submarine museum,

bazooka chris

Hi Everybody

Just thought i would upload a few fun pictures i took today, off my little 2 and a half year old bazooka jessica :laugh: at the Explosion museum and Submarine museum at gosport near portsmouth.
when i get chance and sorted them out, i will upload the rest of the picture i took at the museum.
she definatly seemed to enjoy running around them like a looney, and got lots of nice comments from others in the museum about her pink help for heros top.

from bazooka chris

Attachments

• jessica open arms.jpg
    jessica open arms.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 92
  • jessica in front of bomb.jpg
    jessica in front of bomb.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 83
  • jessica and mini sub.jpg
    jessica and mini sub.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 87
  • jessica in front of projectiles and rocket.jpg
    jessica in front of projectiles and rocket.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 88
  • jessica sat on gun.jpg
    jessica sat on gun.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 79
  • jessica stood on shells in floor.jpg
    jessica stood on shells in floor.jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
Cute little girl, Chris. Wish we had something that displayed the ordnance like that here in the States. Cheers, Bruce.

Great photos Chris, looks like there is much to see there. I only live half hour or so from Gosport so must take a trip there one day.

Thanks for your comments guys.
Darren, it's 2 museums not 1, the submarine museum is a few minutes up the road from the explosion museum its not far.
a quick tip hidden at the bottom of there price lists there a bit crafty with it sort of hiding it, they do a good deal you can buy a combined ticket, that let's you go into both museums for 12.50, which is a great saving as there both 10 to get in normally.
so a nice saving of 7.50 so with a combined ticket it makes it 6.25 for each museum, which is not that bad.
You get 60 days to use it in both museums but being honnest it's very easy to both museums in the same day like we did.

From bazooka chris

They are both great museums. My favourite has to be Firepower as they have a fantastic display of boxes! There is a ferry between the two if you are on foot, otherwise its a bit of a walk.
Hangarman

Yes, Firepower is excellent for a display of naval guns and ammunition which you won't find anywhere else that I know of.

Don't forget Fort Nelson in the same area (you really need a car for that as it's set back overlooking Portsmouth) which also has lots of big guns and some ammo.

Thanks for your comments guys.
Darren, it's 2 museums not 1, the submarine museum is a few minutes up the road from the explosion museum its not far.
a quick tip hidden at the bottom of there price lists there a bit crafty with it sort of hiding it, they do a good deal you can buy a combined ticket, that let's you go into both museums for 12.50, which is a great saving as there both 10 to get in normally.
so a nice saving of 7.50 so with a combined ticket it makes it 6.25 for each museum, which is not that bad.
You get 60 days to use it in both museums but being honnest it's very easy to both museums in the same day like we did.

From bazooka chris

Thanks for the info Chris, great tip about the combined ticket purchase. I will keep an eye out for that.

Darren

your welcome mate, i think they have been doing that combined price for a while so i expect they will be carrying it on during the summer.

from bazooka chris